Some smart home devices are easier to install than others requiring wiring and assembly. The US Google Store now lets you schedule and pay for professional installations directly as you shop for Nest products.
Google is expanding its established partnerships with Smart Services Handy and OnTech to enable you to “add professional installation” to your Nest order. Shortly before you “Add to cart,” a new checkbox is open to add the $99 deal — in the case of a Nest Hello and most other products.
You complete the usual phase of Google payment, and are prompted to schedule a local appointment. Handy says it’s providing with more than 300,000 professionals nationwide. The following Products may be installed:
- Nest Hello Video Doorbell: $99
- Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E: From $99
- Indoor and outdoor Nest cameras: From $99
- Google Wifi and Nest Wifi: $99
- Nest x Yale Lock with Nest Connect: $99
- Nest Secure Alarm System: $119
- Nest Protect Smoke & CO Alarm: From $99
There are no Smart Displays or Speakers, though Google / Nest Wifi inclusion is odd considering the nature of plug-and-play. Whereas, cameras, smoke detectors, and security systems have meaning. The streamlined process of installing Nest is on the Google Store today.