The Garmin Enduro, a multisport smartwatch built for endurance athletes, is the latest launch from Garmin. Featuring customizable power management modes and a Power Glass solar charging lens, the Enduro ultra-performance GPS watch harvests the power of the sun to extend battery life by up to 65 days. Enduro introduces advanced training features and key monitoring tools for performance tailored to help endurance athletes train and perform better at their peak.
Enduro’s lightweight and durable design, created with endurance athletes in mind, features a new UltraFit nylon strap and an optional DLC coated titanium bezel. Runners and cyclists can adjust settings quickly to disable certain features to get the longest battery life on a Garmin wearable to date, designed to last. In GPS mode, which is extended to 80 hours with solar capabilities, a full charge will give an athlete 70 hours.
Specific to the demanding needs of endurance athletes, many traditional multisport smartwatch features have been enhanced:
- VO2 Max: Track cardiovascular fitness levels with the new trail run VO2 max, which automatically adjusts based on trail conditions. A user’s VO2 Max is also adjusted by the environment through heat and altitude acclimation.
- ClimbProTM: Get real-time information on the current and upcoming climbs including gradient, distance and elevation gain by using the ascent planner. For additional safety and awareness, ClimbPro trail enhancements provide information for descents and flats.
- Rest Timer: Select the Ultrarun activity which features a rest timer to log the time spent at aid stations.
- Mountain Biking: Track the details of every MTB ride with mountain biking metrics plus specialized grit and flow measurements that rate trail difficulty and track the time of descent, giving a score to beat on the next ride.
- Recovery: Giving the body time to recover between sessions is crucial. After each workout, the built-in recovery advisor will recommend how long to rest before another big effort and the next workout based on sleep and wellness data.
- Recommended Workouts: For training guidance that takes fitness level into account, get daily run and ride suggestions based on current training load and training status.
Enduro is filled with features for navigation and connectivity, including access to several global navigation satellite systems for tracking in more difficult conditions than GPS alone, as well as built-in ABC sensors such as an elevation data altimeter, weather monitoring barometer, and a 3-axis electronic compass.
Since recovery between training sessions is crucial for endurance athletes, the Garmin Enduro has a built-in recovery advisor. Based on sleep and other wellness data, it recommends the length of rest required before the next workout.
The Enduro models are available now in the suggested retail price range from $799.99 to $899.99.